Service Transition Manager -Transition & Release - Transition Consultant - Service Design - Luton up to £60,000
This is a great opportunity to join a team of delivery focused, innovative people dedicated to providing customers with an inspiring, exciting and memorable experience covering our client's entire operation; online presence, mobile platforms, retail network, contact centres, aircraft and ships
What We Are Looking For
- Be accountable for Service Design and Transition activities for a portfolio of IT services within the business
* Define and be responsible for designing fit for purpose end-to-end service models, aligned to best practice (ITIL & SIAM)
* Ensure service solutions are operable, recoverable and maintainable by service operations and are transitioned into the operational service
* Act as the single point of contact for the projects into operations and coordinate all transition activities
* Help the projects to successfully transition the service by clearly defining the Operations Acceptance Criteria from the start and guiding the projects to meet them
* Protect Operations / Production in ensuring existing services are not impacted adversely by the project releases.
* Ensure early engagement into projects and drive collaboration between different teams and Operations SMEs including third party suppliers
* Work with the IT Release Manager and Change Manager to ensure that transition and implementation plans fit into the overall release calendars
* Negotiate appropriate warranty support arrangements with Projects that is acceptable to Operations.
* Act as Subject Matter Expert for the Service Transition Process, providing support and guidance to projects to achieve successful transition of services into Production
* Build and maintain relationships with Project & Programme Managers, and Service Operations to influence their decisions regarding the approach to the implementation of new/changed services
* Work collaboratively with Architecture to ensure that services are operable and supportable in production
* Work with Product Owners to ensure expectations of service levels are appropriately set and managed with end users
* In conjunction with the Service Manager, review and improve the Service Transition process and associated deliverables
* Quality assure SI Partner's Service Transition activities and deliverables
* Publish and maintain a Service Transition Readiness Report for each project
* Co-ordinate Design Walkthroughs, Service Readiness dress rehearsals, and Operational Acceptance Criteria
* To be responsible for informing IT Operations of expected SLAs for the solution to ensure the Division's Service Catalogue is accurately updated
* Present projects at appropriate forums to give a readiness status update, and gain agreement to Go Live from Service Operations stakeholders
* To be accountable for ensuring any and all third party dependences for resolving groups are in place and effective
* In conjunction with Release Management undertake Release assessments to aid optimal delivery of change
* Responsible for Early Life Support management, ensuring entry/exit criteria defined, agreed and met
* Responsible for the Post Implementation Review Process, ensuring lessons learnt are captured as improvement opportunities
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders.
* Experience in transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal teams and vendors, from development into support
* Experience in designing end-to-end service and support models.
* ITIL v3 certified
* Very strong ITIL Service Transition process knowledge and experience
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
* Technology experience specifically within knowledge, change and release management.
* Experience within a multi-vendor team structure.
Should you be skilled in the above and looking for your next exciting challenge then please get in touch for more information.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.