BI Developer (Big Data) - 6 month Contract
BI Developer who comes from a Big Data background required by our global leisure and ecommerce client based in Central London. You will be responsible for supporting the data and analytics scrum teams with reporting and analysis to help plan, optimise and sustainably grow the data services practice.
This role will focus on delivering excellence in data analytics by measuring performance of the product or service you represent, help the QA process, assist in being the bridge between the business analysts and the delivery teams.
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills is essential;
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire;
- Previously worked on a "Big Data platform", enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics;
- Hands on experience with modern "Big Data" systems (e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue);
- Strong Data Warehousing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, CSV etc;
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools like Matillion, Glue, Talend or SSIS
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes);
- Experience in modelling data
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. python.
Please apply now for immediate consideration!
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.