Big Data Engineer - 6 month Contract
Big Data Engineer required by our world-renowned e-commerce client based in Central London. As a data engineer within our client's Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in the technical delivery of big data and analytics products alongside a talented multi-disciplinary team comprising of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers.
- Build out data lake(s) and transform data into usable data views - for example, 360 customer views;
- Design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, repositories and data governance related applications;
- Design and implement logical and physical data models across platforms;
- Building ETL jobs both in batch and Real-time;
- Manage equivalent, separate data sets across different development and staging environments as part of the release
- Previously worked on a "Big Data platform", enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics;
- Hands on experience with modern "Big Data" systems (e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue);
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, CSV
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Scala, python;
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills;
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures;
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools - Matillion, Glue, Talend or SSIS
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes)
Please apply now for immediate consideration!
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.