INFRASTRUCTURE TEAM LEAD - GATESHEAD TO £40,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
INFRASTRUCTURE TEAM LEAD is required with ideally knowledge of Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Networking and Cisco. My client is looking for a 3rd line support team leader with a strong technical support background. The team leader will be responsible for managing a small team of infrastructure systems engineers and assisting them with a wide range of technical issues. You will be responsible for managing team stats on a weekly basis presenting SLA, OLA and Incidents/Problems resolved to the Escalations Manager.
This role offers an attractive starting pay of £40,000 with strong potential to progress from within, it also comes with a wide scope of excellent benefits too along with certified training programmes in place
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Team management
- Reducing incident and problem fix times within the third line team
- Identifying potential future technical issues and presenting these to the Escalations Manager
- Resolving complex IT issues in the form of incidents and problems
- Managing critical IT outages with customers and using the Escalations team to quickly and efficiently resolve the situation
- Work with service account managers to improve customer infrastructure
- Identify reoccurring technical faults and liaising with other internal departments or external customers
- Diagnose and fix critical IT issues
- Supervising, mentoring and developing a team of third-line engineers
- Managing business-impacting situations to ensure minimal downtime and disruption
KEY SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- At least 5 years' experience in IT
- Ability to manage members of your team
- Commercial awareness
- Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Decision making - displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgement and include appropriate people in the decision- making process
- Highly motivated - sets and achieves challenging goals
- Quality management - the ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Driven to improve process and service standards
- CCNA / CCNP would be an advantage
- VMWare Virtualisation
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Windows Server
- Windows Exchange
- Microsoft RDS deployments
- Project management
About the company
My client is an influential technology business always innovating to help them deliver unbeatable customer service performance, as evidenced by their NPS score.
They support a wide range of businesses from SMEs to local councils to large enterprises across the UK, with services including communications (connectivity and voice), cloud services, infrastructure and technical support.
These services are delivered via their privately-owned UK core network, which includes data centres based in around the UK.
The wellbeing of their staff is a fundamental part of their business. As a growing organisation, they recognise that getting the right staff and indeed keeping them engaged, is key to this ongoing success. They take great pride in watching their people develop their careers and want them to stay with them on the exciting journey ahead.
They value work/life balance and have several schemes in place to drive employee engagement including their annual Awards evening and Summer Family BBQ.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.