IT NETWORK ENGINEER, London up to £42K + excellent benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a permanent Network Engineer to join an inspirational organisation whose work effects many people in the UK.
Our client is one of the largest independent research institutions of its type and conducts research and campaigns aimed at raising awareness and influencing public policy.
Attending to ticket system queues, categorising and prioritising items in the queues and resolving technical queries or problems you will assist the Network Manager in the operation and management of the IT Network Infrastructure (including LAN, WAN, SAN, cabling, remote access and security). You will operate the IT infrastructure to deliver and support properly engineered and secure IT network services to meet the needs of the business. The role will encompass preparation for new or changed services, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance.
Key skills and experience:
- Exposure to as many as possible of the following technologies: Cisco networking hardware, Cisco Wireless Networking, Cisco Prime, Cisco Storage Area Networking (MDS/Nexus), Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls, RSA, VPN, IDS/IPS and Stealthwatch.
- You will have a basic understanding of LAN/ WAN / SAN Administration.
- Proficiency required in the use of Routing, Switching, IP Protocols, FC, FCoE, DNS, DHCP etc.
- You will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to take responsibility for resolving problems and experience of applying problem root cause analysis techniques.
- It is essential that you have excellent attention to detail, with the ability to apply quality standards to all tasks.
- You will be able to demonstrable customer focus, with the ability to understand the needs of customers and to consider their requirements when taking actions or making decisions.
- You will have the ability to work flexibly, and to take into account new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- You will illustrate exceptional interpersonal skills including good communication skills
- You will have the ability to complete and deliver on time to professional standards, ensuring that quality and compliance requirements are met.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.