IT SERVICE ASSURANCE / SUPPORT ANALYST, MANCHESTER to £45,000 plus Pkg & Bonus
A Service Assurance / Support Analyst is required by our client, a global professional services (Law / Legal) firm, based out of its shared Service Centre in Central Manchester. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery, use and performance of Technology services to the Business Services teams in its Manchester office. You will report on performance of IT services (via customer satisfaction data and KPIs), ensure continual improvement in the uptake and usage of these services and systems, own the daily operation and maintenance of all systems, roll your sleeves up and help resolve issues, understand the needs of your key stakeholders and users, become the SME in these business systems, coordinate the delivery of end-user training, coaching and education programmes - and, generally, switch between a strategic and hands-on operational role, reporting directly to the IT Director for Europe.
The role offer an attractive salary to £50,000 plus benefits package and bonus.
KEY SKILLS & BACKGROUND
- Solid service assurance, service management, coordination and delivery experience
- Performance analysis, reporting and process optimisation skills
- Solid leadership, communication, skills
- ITIL background and certification
- Broad technology background, including some (but not all) of the following:
* Expert knowledge in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office Suite
* Professional Services (legal) IT systems & configurations (e.g. Document Management Systems (DMS), Time Recording Systems, templates)
* Proficiency managing the support of mobile devices (e.g. PDAs, Smartphones, tablets), MDM systems (e.g. BES, Good) and communication technologies.
* Good general knowledge of the principles and standards of server, network, security and inter-networking technologies (e.g. client/server, Active Directory, Encryption, dual factor authentication etc.)
* Excellent knowledge of common VOIP, videoconferencing and other communication technologies and systems preferred
* Excellent experience with unattended software deployment tools, such as SCCM
* Excellent knowledge and proficiency of various remote communication methodologies required, including wireless systems, Terminal Server, RSA SecurID technology and VPN.
- Demonstrable analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend, and implement solutions to technology problems.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor's degree or Diploma of Higher Education (or be qualified by experience)
Our client is a pre-eminent global professional services firm, with a friendly, open and positive culture. Email NOW for further details or call me if you have any questions.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.