Network Engineer - Liverpool - Hybrid working
We are partnering with one of the largest employers in the area, an organisation of international repute, who are looking for a skilled Network Engineer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for a Network Engineer to work with the latest Cisco technologies. They are currently rolling out CISCO ISE / NAC as well as Cisco DNA Centre.
You will work within the network team to maintain customer focused provision of network services across the university using the latest networking technologies. This role will suit individuals currently working as a Cisco network engineer or similar role using the latest hardware and software such as Cisco ISE, DNA, Wireless and 9300 range of switches.
We are looking for someone who can work to CCNP standards - though if you are not accredited the organisation will support you in achieving this.
Our client is widely acknowledged as a leader in their field, supporting over 30,000 unique users. They have a genuine commitment to training and development and fer additional training support. In addition to this, they also offer some great benefits, including 21% pension contribution and in excess of 40 days leave in total during the year, including bank holidays.
Key skills and experience required:
- Switching and routing technologies and protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco products
- Cisco Firepower firewalls or enterprise firewall solutions
- DHCP and DNS
- Network monitoring & security solutions such as Solarwinds, Cisco DNA and Cisco ISE.
- Cisco QOS
- Fibre and UTP cable
- Day to day management of the network
- Project work with other university teams
- Installation and configuration of network switches
- Troubleshooting of wired and wireless network problems
- Working with other teams and departments as and when required
- Network related project implementation working with 3rd party suppliers
- Implementation and management of NAC including posture of devices
This is an amazing opportunity to join IT Services, as they embark upon a new strategy to deliver a new TOM, which will result in the delivery of a number of significant digital & technology initiatives. This new model will result in huge investment within both IT Services, and the department itself, as they move to a modern, collaborative working space.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd ("Eutopia") is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Eutopia is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from any suitably qualified and eligible candidates.