SCOM Engineer / Monitoring Engineer (SCOM 2016 or above)
Manchester c£40,000 to £55,000 plus bonus - Hybrid Working
Our client is a Professional Services company boasting an international workforce of almost 6000 over 14 countries. They are looking to a SCOM / Monitoring Engineer to be based out of their Manchester site where you would be part of a wider follow the sun Global Team.
Offering excellent ongoing professional development opportunities, they are keen to engage with professionals that will embrace this. Upskilling can be offered in some areas if required.
Assisting in the provision of service availability, performance, vulnerability, and compliance monitoring you will operate, administer, and engineer monitoring solutions within this complex environment.
As part of this integral team you will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and management of applications such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Orchestrator (SCO), SolarWinds NPM/NTA, VMWare vROps, SQL Sentry, Azure Monitor, Azure Automation, & Thousand Eyes.
Key skills and experience required:
- Proven experience with Configuration, Administration and Implementation of at least two of the following tool-sets - Azure Monitor, Azure Automation, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Orchestrator (SCO), SolarWinds NPM, VMWare vROps, SQL Sentry, ThousandEyes
- Experience of design and configuration of Monitoring tool dashboards and rule-sets
- Ability to quickly assess application topology and identify dependencies suitable for monitoring
- Strong analytical skills to diagnose and troubleshoot a variety of symptoms related to technology problems, and recommend and implement effective monitoring solutions
- Skilled in PowerShell & basic SQL queries, Design and build of automation solutions, SCOM Management Pack Authoring, Configuration and Management on SCOM2016 or above
- A good understanding of LAN/WAN servers and systems including windows, switches, routers, VMWare and ancillary services
In addition to the salary and benefits there is also a bonus scheme and Hybrid working offered.
Apply now for immediate consideration
Eutopia Solutions Ltd ("Eutopia") is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Eutopia is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from any suitably qualified and eligible candidates.