Senior Java Developer - London - Permanent up to £70K + excellent benefits
Our expanding London based Media client is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join their growing team.
You must be skilled in Java and Spring Boot, with knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques. You will also have experience in using core development tools such as shell scripting, version control and continuous integration.
Using a code base of Ruby, Python and Node (of which you will be given the opportunity of developing your knowledge) you are encouraged to train in and work with Kotlin. Our client believes in ongoing development and career progression and will encourage you to work to your full potential.
Using your knowledge and expertise, you will work with the Technical Lead to identify and work on solutions to accommodate the ambitious roadmap they are working to in the coming years.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience of developing applications in a commercial environment
- In-depth knowledge of Java 8+ and of Spring Boot
- Extensive experience of OO programming techniques and design patterns, testing best-practice using JUnit
- Proven Experience in using core development tools such as shell scripting, version control (e.g. Git), CI (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of in-memory data stores such as Redis
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Experience with Microservices and ReST
- Ability and desire to drive the delivery of clean, understandable code
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
It would be advantageous to have had experience with Kotlin & KTor and have used AWS products, such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS, Elasticache. We would also be interested if you have had experience developing GraphQL APIs
For immediate consideration please APPLY now
Jobs: Java Developer, Senior Java Developer, Kotlin
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.