SENIOR LINUX DEVOPS ENGINEER, Manchester £45k to £60k + pkg & bonus
A Senior Linux / DevOps Infrastructure Engineer is required by our client, a global professional services firm, based out of its shared Service Centre in Central Manchester. This role is very much at the heart of the firm's Linux Server estate and associated key applications - providing Senior Engineering and design. You should prepare and maintain a consistent server & storage environment at its large scale data centre (using remote management), a suitable testing environment, report on Linux (CentOS / RHEL) server performance and status, follow service and change management procedures, provide 3rd and 4th line support services, DR plans and assistance - as well as many other duties as the firm's Linux SME - helping the firm as it goes on the journey to new ways of working (SysOps / DevOps).
The role offers an attractive salary from £45,000 to £60,000 plus generous benefits package and bonus.
KEY SKILLS & BACKGROUND
* Extensive computer systems management and infrastructure engineering support experience required, preferably in a multi-site enterprise-scale environment. International law firm or professional/financial services experience would be a distinct benefit.
* Extensive experience installing, maintaining and supporting Linux based systems (CentOS / RHEL) and VMWare when otherwise incorporated in a Windows environment
* Systems monitoring and alerting (Telegraf, Splunk, etc.)
* Experience with configuration management software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* Storage systems (On-prem and/or in-cloud)
* Working knowledge of programming and/or scripting with python, bash, or similar
* Experience with multi-site on-prem and in cloud hybrid software and hardware deployments
* Experience with containers - Docker, Kubernetes, or the like
* ITIL Foundation / Degree or Higher Diploma in Information Technology or qualified by experience
* Linux Certifications (such as RHCE or LPI) 7
Our client is a pre-eminent global professional services firm, with a friendly, open and positive culture. There is also a significant opportunity for the right individual to progress into Management.
Email NOW for further details or call me if you have any questions.
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.