University of Liverpool
Senior Test Analyst (G7)
Salary: £38,205 - £44,264
Role overview and University context:
IT Services provide the high-quality computing, networking and support services which enable the University to fulfil its corporate mission, and its departments and partners to meet their objectives. The department maintains the IT infrastructure and business systems, supporting 54 academic departments, based in over 300 buildings across several national and international sites.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will work with multi-disciplined project teams, liaise with both technical and business stakeholders and other professional services areas obtaining and implementing testing requirements.
The role will involve working independently as required and have responsibility for the planning, design, execution and reporting of Test and QA activities for each project. The test analyst will have the opportunity to manage testing projects end-to-end from initial scoping through to live implementation.
As a highly motivated individual, with excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, you will work as part of a team providing a first point of contact for Project and BAU QA demand, as well as liaising with end users as part of leading UAT. You will have the ability to convert technical procedures into easily understandable concepts to be conveyed to the customer. The ideal candidate be technologically agnostic, articulate, persuasive and enthusiastic.
You will lead on functional testing such as system, exploratory and UAT through to driving any non- functional test activities such as Load, Automation and Security. This role offers a high level of variety and as such will require you to fully embrace a fast-changing environment. Technical testing has been a growing focus within the team and there is a strategy to develop this further. The Senior Test Analyst will also work to develop our technical testing frameworks for;
- API Testing
- Performance Testing
- Test Automation, scheduling, and monitoring
- Security Testing
We are seeking an individual with a passion for what they do, who can mentor junior colleagues and provide subject matter expertise for colleagues across the institution. You will have experience working closely with a team of like-minded developers responsible for all stages of the application development process. You will work to agreed performance standards and working practices, deliver within agreed response times, and ensure documentation and records relating to test activities are effectively maintained.
Digital Innovation & Application Development Team background:
The Digital Innovation & Application Development team consists of native Web & Mobile Development, Data Integration, Quality Assurance, UI/UX & innovative solutions such as RPA and AI. The Digital Innovation & Application Development team is responsible for the design, development, integration and support of bespoke, custom built web and mobile applications and 3rd party "off the shelf" products for use on the web, desktop, mobile and tablet. The team provides full support for post implementation of applications by way of training, web site creation, marketing, and training. The team provides ongoing development, support, and maintenance of a whole suite of applications, varying in range and scope, for use at the University.
The Digital Innovation & Application Development team is made up of specialists from a range of backgrounds all of whom have genuine enthusiasm for the application technology landscape and shared values that include promoting team growth and development, providing a supportive, positive working environment. Projects are always team efforts, with members being encouraged to voice opinions throughout the development lifecycle at our regular update meetings. We also make time for learning and sharing expertise, with regular opportunities for ongoing development training and conference trips.
- Provide testing and quality assurance support to the IT Services Department and other Professional Service areas.
- Undertake detailed technical testing, performance testing, API testing, test automation and security testing.
- Implement project / change specific Test Plans and Strategies by creating test scenarios, test cases and summary reports.
- Perform and support test execution of self-designed test scenarios and scripts, reporting completion to project stakeholders in various test phases from System Testing to Post Implementation Testing.
- Perform and encourage the use of exploratory testing with the aim to 'bug-hunt' as early as possible in the delivery.
- Prepare test data for test scripts and prepare test environments in advance of upcoming test phases.
- Be seen as a 'UAT Leader' by co-ordinating all activities to support a successful User Acceptance Phase. This includes liaising with the development teams to manage any defects found during the process and associated re-tests required.
- Promote the principles of good practice in software testing and quality assurance throughout the University, ensuring the overarching IT Services Test Policy and Strategy is followed.
- Work as part of the QA team to support team led initiatives and improvements as part of the continuous test improvement process (e.g., evaluating a new test tool).
- Mentor and support new additions to the team or any seconded person to the QA team.
- Maintain effective communication and with other IT Services colleagues, where possible using a face-to-face approach to remove boundaries between teams.
- Advocate the Quality Assurance philosophy and be seen as an advocate of testing.
- Research new testing techniques, methods, tools, and other heuristics that will allow the QA Team to continually innovate in Testing.
- Design effective and reusable Test and QA Documentation, e.g., Test Scenario inventories, Test Summary Reports.
- Provide system test plans and assist customers in the development of User Acceptance Test plans with clearly defined release management and transition to supported products.
- Work independently or as part of the team, contributing to the development of the team, standards, and customer service.
- Liaise with University staff at all levels, developing and maintain quality working relationships with customers and colleagues, internal and external to the department and University to deliver a high quality and excellence in customer service.
- Contribute to and build upon Quality Assurance standards and good practice, ensuring that agreed performance standards are met.
- Provide consultancy, advice, support, and service to customers in the designated specialist fields of expertise, whether business application or technical product.
- Requiring excellent reporting and performance improvement skills. Continuously reviewing and, where necessary revising, the means of service delivery, working methods, processes, and procedures to optimise efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Record time spent against projects and activities.
- Ensure sound time management, multi-tasking effectively to adapt plans, prioritise and co- ordinate work, responding as necessary to changing priorities, circumstances, and workload.
For full details, including a full job description, please contact our recruitment partner, Paul Hubbard at Eutopia Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eutopia Solutions Ltd ("Eutopia") is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Eutopia is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from any suitably qualified and eligible candidates.