Service Transition Manager - Up to £60,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client, a global e-commerce organisation, based in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis as a Service Transition Manager.
Our client are creating a cross platform, unified Service Management capability to drive seamless delivery of the digital vision as implemented across the portfolio of large scale programmes and projects.
Working in Digital Platforms silo, the Service Transition Manager will need to ensure that systems are designed to operable, recoverable, and maintainable by Service Operations; where appropriate, assessing the capabilities of delivery partners and service providers (support teams). Working with the product owners, solution architects, business analysts and service level managers, you will not only be accountable for the upfront service design (service design package) but also to ensure all service management activities have been completed to ensure a smooth implementation into the live service.
What we are looking for:
- Be accountable for Service Design and Transition activities for a portfolio of IT services within the business
- Define and be responsible for designing fit for purpose end-to-end service models, aligned to best practice (ITIL & SIAM)
- Ensure service solutions are operable, recoverable and maintainable by service operations and are transitioned into the operational service
- Act as the single point of contact for the projects into operations and coordinate all transition activities
- Help the projects to successfully transition the service by clearly defining the Operations Acceptance Criteria from the start and guiding the projects to meet them
- Protect Operations / Production in ensuring existing services are not impacted adversely by the project releases.
- Ensure early engagement into projects and drive collaboration between different TUI teams and Operations SMEs including third party suppliers
- Work with the IT Release Manager and Change Manager to ensure that transition and implementation plans fit into the overall TUI release calendars
- Negotiate appropriate warranty support arrangements with Projects that is acceptable to Operations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the Service Transition Process, providing support and guidance to projects to achieve successful transition of services into Production
- Build and maintain relationships with Project & Programme Managers, and Service Operations to influence their decisions regarding the approach to the implementation of new/changed services
- Work collaboratively with Architecture to ensure that services are operable and supportable in production
- Work with Product Owners to ensure expectations of service levels are appropriately set and managed with end users
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, review and improve the Service Transition process and associated deliverables
Specific Qualities Desired:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal teams and vendors, from development into support
- Experience in designing end-to-end service and support models.
- ITIL v3 certified
- Very strong ITIL Service Transition process knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technology experience specifically within knowledge, change and release management.
- Experience within a multi-vendor team structure.
Apply NOW, with an up-to-date CV, for immediate consideration.
REF: IT Jobs, Service Transition Jobs, Change ManagerJobs, Service Manager Jobs
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.